Friday, March 03, 2006

Don't worry, I'll be back

Dear readers, I still have so many stories stored in my memory that are nog on this blog yet. But today is my last day in the Don Bosco project and I will have to say goodbye once again to a lot of people. I especially thread saying goodbye to the children. I've grown so fond of them. And as this evening also is my last evening in Ambato I don't want to spend it behind a computer. I want to share these last hours of this day with my family and later with Susanne and Markus, that became very dear friends by this time. Every time when you go away you leave a peace of your heart in beautiful and special places, with beautiful and special people....At least I do. Beautiful suffering I like to call this.

Anyway, tomorrow I will go to the Jungle (Amazone) for a couple of days.
Quite excited about this and a bit scared as well. Spiders and snakes...... After that I will fly back to Holland, so I don't know if I will have the time or opportunity to write or respond before I go back. There are still some subjects I'd like to share on this page for those who are interested. Conclusions of this wonderful trip. For example facts about Ecuador, the difference between Ecuador and Peru, cultural aspects, behaviour, aspects of every day live, differences between Europe and South-America, etc. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to put them as comments on my blog. They will be definitely answered.
See ye soon and take care everybody.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't step on any snake tail; espescially be careful with the two-legged ones and their toes as well; will be looking forward for your jungle tales.

allways expect the unexpected.

get back well, in one piece & totally undamaged!

Anonymous said...

Wij wensen je een veilige reis terug naar huis.
Met de vele herinneringen in je hoofd meenemend, maar met een klein stukje van je hart achterlatend, voor de vele kindertjes die het zo nodig hebben niet alleen een valentijnhartje te verkrijgen.

Wat een ervaring ben je toch rijker!

Anonymous said...

Lieve Miriam,

Wat zullen ze jou daar missen, maar jij hebt een deeltje bijgedragen aan innerlijk geluk voor enkele kindertjes in deze wereld, dat is al heel wat.
Ik ben blij voor je en trots op je dat je dit maar mooi wel gedaan hebt!

Liefs, Margot.

Anonymous said...

hee miriam, wat een indrukwekkende verhalen en momenten zeg. Ik ben erg onder de indruk en af en toe lopen de rillingen je over de rug en begrijp je niet dat zoiets daadwerkelijk gebeurt. Ook vele glimlachen nav jouw gebeurtenissen. Wat een enorme ervaring en inzichten heb je opgedaan. Fijn dat je dat op deze wijze met ons deelt, daar kunnen wij nog een hoop van leren.
Take care, cu soon.
Zoen, Jeroen (vdHaar)