Saturday, July 07, 2007

I can gently smile..

Salvador de Bahia, or Bahia de Salvador. That is were we have been already. I am a bit behind on the blog.
I have writers-block. I can't write anymore about where we are and what there is to do and how such and so. I am saturated with images, towns, places, beaches, nature, I simply can't take any more in. I can only say how I feel after all this time, crossing half a continent in changing climate circumstances, different timezones. And I feel fine, because I can smile about it all.
We are in Arraial d'Ajuda already for 4 days, today we went to Trancoso, and I just can't inhale it all, let alone tell you about it. Every inch of it was so nice and beautiful (you will see the photo's soon) and I haven't even started to share Salvador with you. I am lying in bed at night thinking what information to give this time. So here it is: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador I hope you can match the photo's with the text from wikipedia, that will be more accurate than my story anyway ;-)

Today in Trancoso, we bought some fresh ananas from an old woman who's skin looked like weathered leather. I took a photo of her and she gently touched my arm, and that touched me. This is how I feel.

In Brasil it is the first time that I do not speak the language, it is getting better every day, but still it makes me vulnerable, I realized. And more...Brazilian people do things different than we....things take longer, much much longer, especially in the north. They do not seem to understand me, neither do I know what they mean, but mostly we get there in the end. And I smile and they smile. It means patience all the time. And they are friendly, and they stay friendly. So, I am patient and I stay patient, and I smile. Even after a 2 hour conversation on the phone, trying to reserve a flight, I smile. Even if the drink was not how it was suppose to be, I smile. Because I feel fine with it. I can't really get annoyed because they stay friendly and extremely helpful. So I am grateful for them showing me patience, and smile again....Yes, this is how I feel, like smiling.
















































No comments: