Thursday, November 24, 2005

Preparing

As the days pass, I feel that time is pressing. There are so many things to think of, so many items not to forget. But I'm becoming a real backpacker now, who would have thougt that!
After a few weeks of nightmares including waking up in the middle of a strangulation by an anaconda, or a tumble down from the top of the Andes my mind has eased down a bit.
I have been informed about my whereabouts in Cusco. I will stay with a local family for four weeks. So they will be my family for that period. On the website of the contactperson for the volunteerwork in Peru (which is probably a Dutch man
www.spanishschoolperu.com) you can see how lovely the town is.
I will work with children in the age from 5-10 in the town itself. After working, in the late afternoon, I will follow Spanish lessons to improve my communication skills.
So it all looks very beautiful and safe. So no worries here anymore. Preparation for moving forward.

No comments: