Monday, January 30, 2006

Choices - travelstories or children suffering?

At this moment this page contains more stories of my traveladventures than my experiences in the orphanage in Cusco. This may seem a bit weird or of, because the main goal was to help the streetchildren and the orphans. I could have written endless stories of how I changed dipers of the youngest orphans, how I fed the baby and sang him to sleep. I could have dragged you through the motions of my playingactivities with the niños. Of me swinging with David. Or how Mathilde fel from the toboggan (glijbaan), consoling her, or eating oranges on the swingmill with the lot. I decided not to...I wouldn't come out the same as how it was for me. But to assure you, I have been with these children for more than a month and the moments with them were more precious than I can let you understand just by typing black letters on a white screen. This is not because you won't understand but because I don't know how to express these profound emotions from deep within. Maybe I just don't want to because they are mine and for this moment solely mine...
Today I started to work in Ambato in the orphanage. I'm on a break now, but I go back in the afternoon. I will tell you about this project later on, in a day or 2. Will finish the travelling stories first and I want to orientate. So, bare with me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reis- en ontdekkingsindrukken laten zich als intrapersoonlijke emoties beter in woorden vertalen en wederom decoderen dan emoties gebaseerd op interpersoonlijke relaties; daarbij komt dat we in een hoop(lees: eigenlijk àlle) gevallen graag jouw expressies bij deze impressies zien, zodat woorden geregeld volledig overbodig worden.
We wensen je een vruchtbare oriëntatie toe en zien reikhalzend uit naar het vervolg van je avonturen.

Iii & Mmm