Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Forgotten details

I forgot to mention that I moved last Friday from the family house to the centre of Cusco. My family was going to travel to Arequipa for a short holliday (a town south in Peru), so I couldn't stay with them anymore. It's nice to experience both sides, living with a family and living on your own in a hostal. I have much more freedom now, but I don't know if this is a good thing :-) And as Sandra also left her little house in the orphanage to stay with me in a cheap hostal we have been going out a lot...We still work there, it's just that our eyes are smaller each day...But as I'm leaving soon we feel the need to enjoy all the time we have left in Cusco together. We really get along very well. We laugh a lot. It makes me forget the loss of my camera. It's not the camera, it's the 300 photos I lost. Well, such is life...
Today in the orphanage I really felt close to the children. It doesn't really matter if I come or if I don't, but they seem really happy to see me each day and that's good enough. It scares me a bit because I'm leaving soon and I hate saying goodbye. Most of you know I'm "quite" sensitive in this area, and I hope saying goodbye and leaving Cusco won't be too hard. When you travel alone you meet so many interesting and different people and it's really hard knowing that you won't see, most of them ever again. It keeps me awake at night..
Well, before I get to sentimental....to be continued. I think we will go out again tonight to forget this sorrow. I don't know yet what I'm going to do for the photos. I don't feel like buying a very expensive camera again, but I do want to make nice photo's to put on this weblog. We'll see.

No comments: