Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It is cold en raining

Brrr...last few days the weather changed. It is raining all the time and it's cold. When it's raining here it takes forever for things to get dry again. I been working in the mornings in the orphanage. The children are getting accustomed to me, and I'm starting to feel a lot for them as well. The other day, I had to tend to 10 children in the house, as Martha (the Mamita) had to leave for a couple of hours. So I found myself with a baby of 2 months and 9 other childres till the age of 15. I think it went quite well. Only twice I had to stop everybody from hitting each other. Changed some dipers, played some games and we all had fun. For the rest a lot has happened. Last saturday (Last day of the year) I went alone to some ruïnes above Cusco. Very beautiful, I've been walking for 4 hours and I saw a lot of nice things. I can´t show the pictures of this nore of the last week, because my camera got stolen. New Year's passed very well in the beginning. Me and Sandra bought a bottle of champaign and we drank it on the Plaza der Armas. Cusco is known for a very festive ending so the world had decided to come to Cusco. The whole Plaza was filled with people from allover the world. It was amazing. So at 24.00 hours there was a lot fireworks, very beatiful. Everybody was drinking a lot. We kissed hundreds of people for the NewYear. Later we went to a house of a Peruvian friend to celebrate some more but everybody was really drunk and it was a bit weird so we left to find some other Peruvian friends in a discotheque. There somebody fell on me and I think at that time my camera got stolen. So that's a real bummer. Been to the police, have to buy anoter camera, cause Friday we are going to Macchu Picchu and you can't go there without a camera! So I was feeling a bit low yesterday, but it's only a camera and like 100 foto's ;-( C'est la vie. Hope to be able to show pictures again soon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heeee Miriam, wat heb je een mooie site en ik ben onder de indruk van je engels. Goed om te lezen dat je inmiddels al vele mooie contacten hebt opgedaan en dat je er voor de kinderen kunt zijn en iets extra's voor hun kan betekenen. het zal niet altijd makkelijk zijn, maar je krijgt daar wel veel positieve energie voor terug, of niet? Niet natuurlijk van die eikel die je camera heeft gestolen. Balen zeg. Ik vind het echt geweldig dat je dit doet, we denken aan je. Hopelijk ben je je week ziekte inmiddels vergeten en voel je je weer top, want als je naar de machu pichu gaat, dan moet je wel in topconditie zijn hoor! Geniet van die mooie trip! Als ik een bijdrage kan leveren voor een nieuwe camera of schoenen voor de kids daar, laat maar even weten hoe we dit het beste kunnen regelen. Nog een dikke 2006 kus en ben benieuwd naar je nieuwe verhalen en foto's.
Liefs, Jeroen (vd Haar)