Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bye Bye, Buenos Aires and Argentina

Well so far for Buenos Aires...I do not how I feel with regard to this metropolis with it´s variety in every sense of the word. Maybe 13 million people is too much.. Maybe we were in the wrong hostal (far too noisy and too much backpackers), maybe it is not my cup of Mate(a)* read tea, eventhough I adore big cities always. I never got to appreciate the people that much in Argentina either. I thought them to be unfriendly quite often, even rude sometimes especially in BA. A woman has to be nice-looking in BA otherwise she´s uninteresting for men, so plastic fantastic eat your heart out. The fact that we got ill did not help either, so the ingredients maybe blurred my vision and feeling, because the last days we did enjoy the sun and the plaza in our neighbourhood in San Telmo. It only means I will have to go back one day to inspect again..Here are some last images of the city...
*Mate is the national non-alcoholic beverage that you see everybody drinking in the street from cups whilst carrying a mayor thermos (see photo). I guess since Che Geuvarra made it so famous....


Argentina is all about:

  • Tango and Milonga (another dance)


  • Mate


  • Plastic surgery, number one in the world at this moment


  • Che Guevarra


  • The beatles (beats me...why)


  • Shops and shopping


  • Steaks


  • Wine *

*In random order

No comments: