Friday, June 15, 2007

Summertime, Samba, Sunshine, Sweet...Brassssíl

14 hours from the border with Uruguay and already lushy green banana plantations, palm trees with fresh fruit leering at us. Florianápolis and its island, Ilha de Santa Catarina, Floripa for the insiders, is the place to be for Brasileros, Uruguyan and Argentinian tourists and for the lucky finder. I have a friend (Juliano), with whom I did the Inca trail in Peru, and he lives here. We became good friends in a very short time and he said that when he would get married I was invited to his wedding, which honoured me enormously. He told me then how beautiful his homeland is and I promised I would visit him one day, if not with the wedding. That day has come. Tomorrow we will meet again and he will show Ellen and me the whole island of which we´ve seen parts already and boy....he was not exagerating. (Yes, promise, photo´s very soon). You´ll see nothing but the best....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOHHH mijn hart gaat als een wilde tekeer bij het zien van deze prachtige en gepassioneerde beelden, pfff, was ik maar heel even daar, of langer...
Wat een ervaringen doe(n) jij (jullie) op.

Liefs, Margot.